Administrative Assistant to Financial Aid
The primary functions of this position are to perform administrative assistant duties for the Financial Aid Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Office skills to include keyboarding, math, accounting, and receptionist skills.
2. Must have good human relationship and leadership skills; and the ability to work well with coworkers, peers, and students.
3. Responsible for the preparation of correspondence, reports, and meeting minutes.
4. Responsible for the scheduling of appointments, meetings, facilities, travel, and other arrangements necessary for conducting official business in the Office of Financial Aid.
5. Responsible for absolute confidentiality of personnel information as well as other information of a confidential nature.
6. Assist Financial Aid Manager in organizing and completing tasks.
7. Organization and control of department purchasing activities, including supply cabinet.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Financial Aid Manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School graduate or equivalent. Associate Degree preferred. Previous experience in higher education is desirable.
Personal computer skills including a working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suites. Must have the ability to learn new software as needed. Word processing and database management skills a necessity.
Ability to read and comprehend policies and procedures pertaining to personnel, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty, students and general public. Ability to write routine job-related correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts consistent with budget preparation. Ability to write routine jobrelated correspondence as well as prepare reports on the operations of the office.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.