Administrative Computing Specialist
Manage and Operate Administrative Computing Systems in accordance with industry and vendor provided best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support Jenzabar PX (POISE) student information system, including: Registration, Admissions, Recruitment, Retention, Financial Aid, Student Billing, Purchasing, Fiscal, Payroll, Personnel, Advancement, Continuing Ed and Workforce Development, Housing and new modules as added.
- Consult with users of assigned departments to develop and maintain programs, processes and report applications using Jenzbar PX and/or other database management systems as required.
- Support and Train users of the Jenzabar PX administrative system.
- Assist the Director of the Computer Center in the maintenance and integrity of the college’s databases.
- Write, test and maintain automated processes using Jenzabar PX batch processes.
- Maintain and Setup registration equipment for all campuses.
- Maintain and Support MySPC (JICS) campus portal and CampusConnect web interface to Jenzabar PX
- Maintain and Support FileBound document imaging platform
- Support other department specific Administrative support applications (including but not limited to Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, Guidance & Counseling, Business Office, Development, Human Resources, Continuing Education,Workforce Development) as directed by the Associate Dean of Information Technology.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Information Technology.
- Systematic and methodical approach to implementing instructions.
- Observance to detail.
- Logical approach to solving day-to-day problems.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to learn and work appropriately under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s preferred, in a computer related field plus two years related experience, preferably supporting Jenzabar PX (POISE) or other ERP system in a Higher Education setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to job candidates and other employees of the College.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.