Livestock Judging Coach
Primary - Direction of the intercollegiate livestock judging and related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Chairperson.
1. Overall Program
2. Recruiting and advising
3. Supervising student eligibility and memberships
4. Equipment purchasing, care and inventory: livestock care and management
5. Budget preparation and control
6. Scheduling of competitions
7. Aid in placement of athletes into four-year Universities
8. Aid school authorities with discipline and control
9. Follow policies of South Plains College
10. Other duties may be assigned by the Science Chairperson
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Agriculture or related field, from four-year college or university.
2. Sound background and knowledge of Livestock Judging as well as instructional field.
3. Familiarity with recruiting, budget preparation, scheduling and other responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move over 100 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.