HM. College Vehicles


College vehicles are available on a first-come first-serve basis to staff and faculty for use on college business (no personal use or use by family members).


Vehicles are reserved for college employees by use of the Travel Request Form. In emergencies, calling the Director of Physical Plant may reserve vehicles. Note that to insure getting a vehicle, requests should be made well in advance. The Travel Request Form must be signed by a Divisional Dean, Dean of Students, Vice President for Finance and Administration or Director before a vehicle is reserved.


College vehicles are picked up at the Maintenance Building and shall be delivered there upon return from trip.

Gate keys are attached to the ignition key. Employees are asked to return vehicles inside the locked fence area and ensure that gate is locked upon leaving.


Operators must have valid driver's license for operation of college vehicles. Drivers of people carriers must have a valid CDL license.

Drivers must comply with applicable state and local minimum legal requirements, including posted speed limits.

All accidents regardless of how minor should be reported to management as soon as possible.

No unauthorized passengers or hitchhikers permitted.

All occupants are required to wear seatbelts.

Driver is responsible for the vehicle condition and to obtain any vehicle repairs needed during their operation of the vehicle.

Traffic citations received while operating a college vehicle is the responsibility of the operator, but must be reported as soon as possible


Appropriate budgets will be charged for use of college vehicles. Budget numbers must be specified on the Travel Request Form and on the trip ticket (mileage, etc.) when returning the vehicle. Cost per mile for automobiles is twenty-four (24) cents per mile and buses is twenty-eight (28) cents per mile.


Upon completion of a trip and return of a vehicle, any problems with/and all accidents involving the vehicle should be reported on the Trip Ticket Form issued with the keys.

In the event of problems with a vehicle while on a trip follow the procedures below:

Contact a mechanic or dealership to determine the nature of the problem. If the trouble is minor and can be repaired at minimum cost, authorize repairs to be made.

Minor repairs such as repair of flat, purchase of new tire (charges of less than $200) may be paid for by credit card or personal funds. If personal funds are used to make such a purchase, reimbursement will be made.

If the problem is major, obtain a cost estimate and time involved and call your Division Dean or Director of Physical Plant.


Revised 10/94


instagram  flickr button  

Press | Facebook | iTuneU | Listen Live to Texan Radio | MySPC | Blackboard | Contact Us | Student Consumer Information