Programs of Study
Plainview Campus VN Program Entrance Requirements
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS for the LVN Program on the Plainview Campus: ALL students who are applying for the Vocational Nursing Program at Plainview MUST take the Accuplacer as the entrance exam. Students CANNOT take THEA, ASSET or COMPASS to apply for the Vocational Nursing Program.
NOTE: Starting FALL 2013 completion of prerequisite courses will be required before admission to all Vocational Nursing programs at South Plains College.
Required prerequisite courses are:
English 1301 Composition
Math 0120 Mathematics for Vocational Nursing
VNSG 1420 Anatomy & Physiology for Allied Health
VNSG 1222 Vocational Nursing Concepts
3. The application to the Vocational Nursing Program will be available to you the day of the pre-entrance exam (Accuplacer) with passing scores.
1. Complete the requirements for admission to South Plains College. Admission to South Plains College DOES NOT guarantee admission to the Vocational Nursing Program.
2. The Texas Board of Nursing may deny application of licensure for applicants with felony or misdemeanor convictions (other than minor traffic violations), applicants who have been declared judicially incompetent, and applicants who are intemperate users of drugs or alcohol.
a. The test is given on preset testing dates. There is a $30.00 fee for the exam.
b. To schedule an appointment to take the test, please contact the Plainview Center Main Office: 806-296-9611 ext. 4302.
4. An official copy of your high school transcript and/or GED scores. You will need two copies of your high school transcripts or GED (one for the Vocational Nursing Program and one for the Registrar’s Office).
5. An official copy of all college transcripts (if applicable).
6. All applications will be submitted to the South Plains College Vocational Nursing faculty for review prior to selection of the class.
NOTE: Those students selected for admission to the Vocational Nursing Program will have a criminal history background check prior to entering the program.
For more information, contact Suzanne Griffin, Director of Vocational Nursing.