Programs of Study
Plainview Campus VN Program Testing
TEAS, the most recent version of the test used for entrance purposes to the Plainview VN program, is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage. The four sections are timed for a total of 209 minutes (approximately 4 hours). Computerized test results are available immediately upon completion of the exam.
The test is divided in the following manner:
- Reading – 40 questions, 50 minutes The Reading section covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension and inferences/conclusions.
- Math – 45 items, 56 minutes The Math section includes whole numbers, metric conversions, fractions, decimals, algebraic equations, percentages and ratio/proportions.
- Science – 30 items, 38 minutes The Science section includes questions about science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, basic physical principles and general science.
- English and Language Usage – 55 items, 65 minutes The English and Language Usage section includes questions about punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words and spelling.
- There will be NO EXEMPTIONS allowed for testing purposes.
- Students may test up to 4 times and the best scores are accepted.
- Students are encouraged to test EARLY in order to avoid complications
- TEAS scores are good for 1 year
- Take the test on the campus you plan on attending
- Minimum scores can be discussed prior to testing
Application to South Plains College must be completed before applying to the VN program and before you take the TEAS TEST. The initial cost for the TEAS TEST is $75.00.
Students must report to the Plainview Center at least 30 minutes prior to testing time or students will be required to reschedule a test time. If you have to reschedule, you will also need to pay an additional $75.00.
You must also have a valid picture I.D., Social Security Card, Registration Ticket, and Checklist from Nursing office with you for the test.
** Students should make contact with the Plainview Nursing Administrative Assistant for testing dates and times. (806)-296-9611 ext. 4406