Programs of Study
Physical Therapist Assistant Program Objectives
South Plains College PTA program will:
- Provide an integrated academic program, in a hybrid on-campus and online format that will lead to licensure to practice as an entry-level physical therapist assistant under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Provide students enrolled in the technical program a curriculum that is based on soundethical practice under the guidelines of the following:
Ø South Plains College Associate of Applied Science requirements
Ø Executive Council Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy Examiners (ECPTOTE) licensing requirements
Ø Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) evaluative criteria
Ø The basic tenets of the APTA’s “Normative Model of Physical Therapy Education: Version 2007”and “Guide to Physical Therapy Practice”
Ø Curricular content that is current and teaches the scope of practice of an entry-level physical therapist assistant under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Provide a current curriculum with periodic input from the PTA Advisory board members, academic faculty, clinical instructors, college administrators, graduates and students.
- Provide channels of communication with all stakeholders of the PTA Program to include, but not limited to:
Ø Faculty and staff
Ø PTA Advisory Board members
Ø College administrators
Ø Other college departments
Ø Clinical education sites
Ø State and national agencies
Ø Accrediting agencies
Ø The community at large
- Provide the basis for continuing personal and professional development through life-long learning, membership in a professional organization and the desire to use such development to provide safe and ethical care to patients and in support of personal health practices.
|Program Admissions||Students entering Full time Clinical Rotations||Graduates||Licensure Rate||Employment Rate|
|2011||15||14||Expected May 2013||Will be provided as information is available||Will be provided as information is available|
|2012||15||--||Expected May 2014||Will be provided as information is available||Will be provided as information is available|
|2013||--||--||Expected May 2015||Will be provided as information is available||Will be provided as information is available|
The first graduating class of the PTA program will graduate in 2013. Graduation rates and licensure pass rates will be added at that time. For more information contact Jackie Underwood.