1. Applications will be accepted January 25th through May 1st for each class beginning in August. No early or late applications will be accepted.
2. Applications are to be mailed or hand delivered only, to the Office of the Program Director – Reese Campus Building 5, Office 528, Lubbock TX 79416.
3. Class selection will occur the beginning of May; all applicants will be notified by mail of their acceptance status. Do not contact program staff to inquire about your status.
4. If re-applying to the program, it is the applicant’s responsibility to check with the Program Director in September to see if the admissions requirements have changed.
5. It is advisable that any student interested in the Surgical Technology Program contact the Program Director/Advisor, Shannon Valenzuela, in the fall for counseling on the admissions process and degree plans prior to applying to the program.
6. Alternate candidates will be selected and placed on a waiting list in the event that any of the 20 applicants selected forfeit their slot in the program. In this case, alternates will be notified of their acceptance no later than the middle of August prior to the beginning of the program.
7. It is the applicant’s responsibility to keep the Admissions and Records Office and the office of the Program Director informed of any changes to application information such as test scores, contact information, etc.
Applicants who do not have ALL college transcripts on file with the Admissions and Records Office by May 1st will NOT be considered for admission.
An application for admission to the Surgical Technology Program may be downloaded here. Applications are also available at the Reese Campus Building 5, with the Secretary to the Allied Health Chairperson (Kelly Ufford, office 515), or Surgical Technology Program Director (Shannon Valenzuela, office 528). College counselors may also distribute applications.