1. Applications will be accepted the first day of each Spring semester, through June 1st for each class beginning the following January. No early or late applications will be accepted. *If either date falls on a Saturday, please observe the requirement the following Monday.
2. Applications are to be submitted to the Surgical Technology Program Director, Kristie Cole - Reese Campus, 819 Gilbert, Building 5, office 528, Lubbock, TX 79416.
3. Class selection will occur the beginning of August; all applicants will be notified by mail of their acceptance status. Do not contact program staff to inquire about your status.
4. Alternate candidates will be selected and placed on a waiting list in the event that any of the 20 applicants selected forfeit their slot in the program. In this case, alternates will be notified of their acceptance no later than the end of the Fall semester prior to the beginning of the program in January.
5. It is the applicant's responsibility to keep the Admissions and Records Office and the office of the Program Director informed of any changes to application information such as last names, contact information, etc.
6. Applicants who do not have ALL college transcripts on file with the Admissions and Records Office, and an entrance exam score, by July 1st will NOT be considered for admission.
An application for admission to the Surgical Technology Program may be downloaded here. Applications are also available at the Reese Campus Building 5, with the Secretary to the Allied Health Chairperson (Kelly Ufford, office 515), or Surgical Technology Program Director (Kristie Cole, office 528). College counselors may also distribute applications.